Wednesday, June 29, 2011

He Trusts Me...

I am determined to make this a better day than the past few days have been. I love my children dearly but I haven't spent all day with them since I was on their perspective maternity leaves. That's what makes this summer vacation so interesting. I consider myself reasonably educated and fairly intelligent but my two children have run circles around me, hog tied me and held me for ransom!
It hasn't been THAT bad, but it's been very, VERY challenging adjusting to the new routine of home with mommy.
My children definitely cannot be left alone for longer than two minutes at a time. When I say, "alone" I mean, mommy in one room, kiddos in theirs. The mayhem that results from this brief separation is jaw dropping. I am in awe of the amount of mass destruction they are able to create as a combined force in such a short amount of time. No...I'm ASTOUNDED. I stand in awe of their power.
But like all the other challenges of my life, I accept this one with my chin up. I'm definitely prayerful and open to the leading of the Lord for this new duty in my life. That's the thing I love so much about being a Christian. My Christianity, or better put, my RELATIONSHIP with God isn't relegated to a church building. I need God 24/7, not just when it's time to get dressed up and head to the church house. The older I get, the more I realize that there should be absolutely nothing that I hesitate to run by God, including how on earth to raise, manage, keep from folly, and away from foolishness, His two gifts to me.
And guess what?
He is helping me!
How incredible is that?!
I'm thankful that as a single mother, I realize that He is the source of my help. I can simply pray and ask for His help and guidance and He provides it. Pretty amazing, actually.
God loves single moms, married moms, all moms. And more than anything, He wants to help us ALL do the very best we can with the gifts that He's entrusted to us.
And that's the first thing to remember when the house is full of noise, chaos, and small fires...
God trusts me.
Yep, that's right. I said it.
There was something that God saw in me that He deemed capable and suitable for the task of raising two of His creations. Now if THAT isn't a confidence booster, I don't know what is.
Just remember when things are going slightly berserk, God trusts me. He believes in me. He has confidence that what He created me to be and what He put in me is adequate and suitable for the situation that I now face.
So, as I balance all of the household tasks and pluck my precious children off the curtain rods and out of the freezer, I know that God believes in me. He trusts me.
And because of that, I believe in me too.

No comments: