Friday, July 01, 2011

Haste Makes Waste...

There's an old saying that goes, "Haste makes waste".
Boy does that make sense the older I get!
I had a dream last night that I was a bride. I was at the church, my dress was there and so were my family and congregation. They were simply waiting on me to get ready and come out. There was so much that I needed to do. My hair needed to be styled and I needed to apply my makeup. I couldn't get my hair right and I began to sweat which meant I couldn't apply my makeup. I was frustrated and looking for a fan to cool down and still struggling with my hair. No one seemed willing to help me either. I did manage to get my hair styled but I couldn't cool down. I glanced at the clock because the wedding was supposed to start at 4 p.m. The clock said 3:50 p.m. Talk about a panic!
I discussed my dream with my mama this morning over the breakfast table. I told her that to me, it was the Holy Spirit's way of letting me know I wasn't ready to be married yet. If I try to do so before it's time, like the dream, there will be chaos and pandemonium. If something is to be done well, it needs to be done properly and in its time.
The biggest problem in my dream was that I hadn't given myself enough time for the event that was about to take place. Anyone who has ever planned a wedding or been a part of one knows that right next to having enough money, there must be enough time to execute a wedding event with excellence.
God knows that I want to be in a loving relationship. I do want to be that gorgeous bride who walks down the aisle and into my husband's arms one day. I also recognize that God is preparing me for that desire now. The more time you prepare for something, the smoother it will go.
I am so blessed right now. Even though I do not have everything that I desire, there's no doubt that I'm abundantly blessed nonetheless. I have the love and support of my family and dear friends. I have the peace of God that rests and abides within. I am confident that He is in control of my life and that He will not allow me to miss the best of Him for my life. There are things that concern me and I face challenges just like everyone else, but those challenges are no longer without the help and hope of the Lord, my God. Each day I'm learning to trust Him more with more of me.
The kiddos are hanging out with granny right now. I'm so thankful she offered to take them along with her as she ran an errand at the bank. It's those little acts of kindness that are like forehead kisses from the Lord. He knew I needed just a moment to myself to breathe. Any mother will tell you that raising small children is not easy at all. It takes a lot of physical and emotional energy to care for them. You pour yourself into your children daily. For her to offer to give me an hour alone means everything. It's because of her gift that I'm able to write this blog right now.
I don't want to take any blessing for granted. I believe that God sees me where I am and cares about every little detail of my life. Nothing comes as a surprise to Him. Nothing is hidden from Him and everything about me, He knows, sees, and cares for. So I'm thankful for how He continues to bless me with so many blesses. It's a good thing to give thanks to Him.

No comments: