Thursday, June 16, 2011

Short & Sweet Truth...

You cannot exact honor from the dishonorable.
You cannot exact respect from the disrespectful.
What you can do is move on and pray for them as you gaze at them occasionally in your rear view mirror.
I've learned this lesson this week and have had to apply it to some people in my life. Honor and respect come through revelation. The value of something or someone has to be REVEALED before it can be acknowledged. I don't care how many times you tell me a stick is valuable. To me, it's just a stick. But if I found out that "stick" was a walking staff for George Washington, then that stick suddenly takes on a different value.
Limit your time around those to whom your worth and value has not yet been revealed. If you do not, you will find yourself used, abused and brokenhearted.

No comments: