Monday, December 19, 2011

Poem: The Silent Treatment

Good morning everyone. It's exactly 4:21 a.m. and I'm feeling a creative writing flow. I just had to go with it. There's more coming.

The Silent Treatment

Yell at me.
Scream at me.
I don't like it, but I need it.
It's better than the silence escaping your lips.
It's better than what your noiseless conversation is telling me.
Say something, even in anger.
That will tell me where you are, and where I need to be.
But you give me silence.
Weighty, deafening silence.
You ignore my calls.
Leave my emails unread.
You delete my text messages.
It's starting to mess with my head.
I'm breaking my own rules, things I said I'd never do.
Just to hear from you.
Say something.
I know you're mad at me.
I know you're frustrated.
But what if you're not?
What if I'm wrong?
What if this is just how you feel now?
Neither hot, nor cold.
Just lukewarm, indifferent.
Irrelevant.
Unimportant.
Unneeded.
Say something.
Anything.
I'd rather you scream at me.
Than be silent forever.
Please talk to me.

No comments: