Friday, January 04, 2013

Dismantled...

To take apart; disassemble; tear down.
b. To put an end to in a gradual systematic way:
2. To strip of furnishings or equipment: dismantled the house before knocking it down.
3. To strip of covering or clothing.
 
 
Riding along today, reflecting over my life along with some of its recent events. this word "dismantled" dropped into my spirit.
I do believe it was the Lord's way of explaining to me the season that I've been in for the past 2 years. What do you get when you take away all those things Melissa has used to cover up pain, frustration, and insecurity? Who is she without her security blankets?
 
The last two years, I've been finding out.
 
Now this is by no means an easy process. It's been downright painful at times. But I also understand that it is a necessary process. When the Lord sets about the task of rebuilding our lives, He always begins with demolition first. The old must be removed. If the structure we've built for ourselves is unsound, then the whole thing must be torn down and the foundation laid again.
 
Let's face it. Most of us have been building on some pretty shabby and shaky foundations. Abuse, abandonment, low self esteem. But not only that but also pride, self reliance and co dependance...all of these things can be found in our foundations, yet we've attempted to build our whole lives, our careers, and our families on these shifting sands.
 
Lately I've been feeling "dismantled"; comforts removed, parts disconnected, open and bare. I know that God is doing a work in me, but boy does that work feel more negative than positive at times.
 
But we must all trust the process.
 
We must all understand that God doesn't pour new wine in old wine skins so He's not about to bring new blessings into your old mindsets, habits and belief systems.  If we want to be blessed in the way that "adds no sorrow", we must be willing to allow God to do the work of dismantling our old systems, mentalities, and sometimes, our entire natural lives.
 
It may mean uprooting you from the place of your comfort as far as career and living arrangement is concerned. It could mean disconnecting you from relationships that were never supposed to be initiated in the first place. Whatever it is, allow God to dismantle the things that do not belong in your life. Allow Him to examine them in the Light of His Word. Trust His hands to put you back together, and this time, to do it the right way.
 
If you're like me and you're being dismantled, don't lose heart. If God is dismantling you, then that means He has His hands on you. And if He has His hands on you, you're in the best possible hands you could ever be in.

1 comment:

With my Krishna said...

Thanku for this post.. I wasnt sure anyone have felt this.. I have felt dismantled.. i wondered why.. I knew God ws with me.. I have felt it.. And everything as described in this post and even more.. It was hard and long.. But I lived it and I can feel the change within me... Its wonderful.. :)