Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I'll Make You A Promise...

I remember the days I was up to my eyeballs in diapers, baby wipes and baby bottles. I had a 19 month old son and a newborn daughter. It seemed like I'd never see a good night's rest again. I thought I'd never see the bottom of a large box of Huggies.

Don't Give In To Despair
If you're a brand new mom or the mother of multiple small children, it can be easy to despair. The early years are labor intensive for moms. I just wanted to reassure you and make you a promise today..
The promise is: If you don't give up, I promise you, things will get easier and you'll find your rhythm in the midst of all the chaos.

Embrace New Ideas
You may have to reexamine how you go about things and make some adjustments. You may need to be open to new ideas on how to organize your time. Whatever the case, don't allow what you're facing today to block your view of your bright future with your children.  There's so much more to look forward to.

One day, your children won't be so dependent on you. You'll know what it feels like not to have to help someone find their tiny missing socks and blow their own nose. That day is coming, no matter how distant those days may seem.

God Will Help You
I promise it gets better and not only that, I promise that along the way, help will come. Don't worry if you can't find someone willing to keep your children for an entire weekend. Thank God for the little down time you have every day, even if it's in the form of a 15 minute shower. However help comes, appreciate it. Take it in small doses, if that's how it comes. But whatever you do, don't miss an opportunity to appreciate the Grace and mercy God gives to you each day in so many different ways.
No matter how frustrated, frazzled and tired you may be now, I promise you that things will get better if you don't give up.
It will get better.
That's a promise.

Check out five things that have helped make motherhood easier for me here: http://mamasbaby.blogspot.com/2012/06/five-tips-for-single-working-moms.html

No comments: