Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Who, Me?

Just a thought...
Sometimes it's just good to treat yourself good. Do something nice for yourself. Pat yourself on the back. Pay yourself a compliment. Feel pretty. Look cute! I don't know if it's because my baby girl is about to turn 4 years old next month or because I'm just plain tired, but I'm turning my look around. I'm wearing makeup now (wowza), styling my hair, putting my outfits together more thoughtfully...exercising.
The encouragement I've received even with baby steps to improve ME have been amazing. Thanks to my dear friends who believe in me, encourage me and keep me motivated. I can't say I'm feeling like my old self because that's not true. I'm feeling different than the old me. This me is more mature, confident and happy.
When I look in the mirror, I like what I see.
That feels really good.
I let some things go for the sake of motherhood, partially because I thought that's what I had to do. God forbid I put myself on the list for anything. But the older my children get, the more I realize it takes nothing away from their care for me to include myself in the TLC. It doesn't have to be expensive or even major. Sometimes it's just as simple as enjoying a guilt free dark chocolate or indulging in your favorite fragrance. Whatever it is, I encourage you to take care of yourself. Love you. Why?
Because God Himself thinks an awful lot of you.

No comments: